Are you also worried as to what food will be healthy for your kid at the same time tasty so that he doesn’t reject it? Well this is a common problem all mothers have we will now try to address as we present some tasty yet healthy paleo recipes for kids. These paleo recipes for kids are mentioned keeping in mind the ease of mothers.
- Sweet Potato chips recipe: – Lets us look at the initial preparations required to make this salty, crunchy and anytime munching paleo recipe for kids. You need a large and deep pot to fry. One oil and candy thermometer attached to the pot so that it gives you continuous reading of the temperature of the oil. To take out stuff from deep frying pan you need some kind of strainer or wire skimmer. A several layer coated cookie sheet in order to drain the chips and lastly you need some good deep frying fat. Now we are all set to make our crunchy delicious dish. Ingredients needed are :
- 6 long skinny sweet potatoes ( maximum 1.5 inches thick)
- One tablespoon salt
- 4-5 cups of palm shortening.
Method of making- All you need to do is to follow these very easy steps. Slice the sweet potatoes into very thin layers. Sprinkle some salt on it and put it in a colander in your kitchen sink to let it drain for 1-2 hours. Now rinse the excess salt from the slices and pat them dry. This process is extremely important as unnecessary oil will cause the oil to bubble vigorously. Meanwhile you can start heating the palm shortening up to 375F (measure it with the help of the oil and candy thermometer). Now gently drop the sliced sweet potatoes in the oil and push apart the slices using a strainer so that the slices do not stick to one another. When the pieces stop bubbling and begin to curl and turn brownish it indicates that they are ready. Normally the process takes 2-4 minutes. Now take out the chips on a paper towel and allow it to cool. Repeat the same in batches but make sure every time the oil comes back to its original temperature of 375F. Your tasty and crunchy chips are ready. We are sure this paleo recipe for kids will delight your kid.
- Perfect paleo pancakes– The ingredients for this paleo recipe for kids is :
- 2 large green plantains (about 2 cups pureed)
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoon vanilla
- Three Tablespoon of extra virgin coconut oil for frying
- 1/8 tablespoon salt (a pinch)
- ½ tablespoon baking soda
- Extra coconut oil for frying.
Method- Peel the plantains and blend them in a blender. Now add the rest of ingredients in the blender and blend it to form a smooth batter. Heat one tablespoon of coconut oil in a frying pan then pour the batter in the frying pan until the pancakes are of desired size. Now cook for 4-5 minutes the top side until it becomes dry with little bubbles the flip and cook for 1-2 minutes.
Your perfect paleo pancakes are ready. This is an easy to cook paleo recipe for kids.